Forum

• Today I passed my CWSP (PW0-200)!!

Next stop will be the ethical hacker's examen from the IC-Council!!

• I couldn't find anything on OWSA.   Could you include a link?

Thanks

• By (Deleted User)

Hmmm....

I've never really benefitted from the CEH on the job.  It's always been a great to have cert and I earned mine the old-fashioned way:  Offensive Hacking....  and yes - while I was hacking offensively I could here the Mission Impossible music in the background! 

It was kind of a kewl and unique way to do it, but to be honest, I already had experience with most of the tools mentioned in the sides (1200 or 1500 or so at the time) and while the class had some great labs, the test was more about the practical application of those tools.  Quite a bit of stuff on a select group of tools.

The Security+ Certification exam (which I've been invited to be an SME for since its inception and even a paid stipend for as of this last year) was different.  Mostly "knowledge of" security, trivia, and definitions - my methodology of study allowed for a perfect score - but the first area I study is just what this exam was.  So... it aligned with my first order to study.  Not really surprised for that reason.

I used the Security+ exam to fill areas in my Sniffer Certified Master certification and it also filled another elective - seems like in my MCSE+Security 2003 or something like that.

The Security+ exam is highly respected and useful in filling a lot of gaps for other certs all at the cost of a single exam.

Nice!

I worked in most of the 10 domains for CISSP and so I studied for it.  It was a bad month to study for it...

I passed the Cisco UCSE exam and the Cisco IPCCE exam too... (which was scripting and built on my practical working knowledge of basic programming I gleaned and improved via college courses and a job teaching and performing laser marking programming and of course - tcl + Lucent World Class Routing).  

However, by spending too much effort on these two exams (which I was paid a total of $10,000.00 to pass by the way - so they had the right of way), I had to little time left to spend on my CISSP - only about 2 weeks. 

I took the exam sick as a dog that day.  I had to finish it in only 2 hours and I failed the exam 7 points shy of a pass - on a Sunday as I recall in 2005 or so).  Ouch!

I already got certified by using a Sniffer University for Sniffer Wireless LAN Analysis - so I think between this course/certification and the above certs... it does a lot to prepare one for the CWSP, or maybe over prepare?

Anyway...

As for as the OWSP - I'd say the methodologies are worth learning and this would be a valuable addition to one's skillset.  Don't lose track of that versus say getting hung up on WEP for example.

GIAC has an excellent Wireless Security Audit program worth exploring as well.  However it is $$$.

Just my opinion of course.

Darby Weaver

http://www.darbyslogs.blogspot.com

• From above concessions regarding the advantage of CWSP, can I ask some thoughts on what is our main difference from those pursuing
    (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE)-Wireless aside from the fact that CWNP certifications are vendor neutral?

CCNP,CWSP

• By (Deleted User)

The Cisco track does not specifically teach in detail:

1. Packet Analysis

2. Security Issues, Laws, and Defense

• Darby,

I still didn't get what the OWSP is.   Can you give us a link? 

• By (Deleted User)

OWSP.org? or OWASP.org?

• I passed the CSWP exam today...I have been meaning to take it for two years and finally just did it. Feels good.

• By (Deleted User)

Sorry for the mixup:

www.owasp.org

Here's the link for the freebie books - quite a few and cheap if you need a print copy.

http://stores.lulu.com/owasp

• LEKtech,

Congratulations.  

It does feel good!

Page 1 of 1