Forum

Failed CWSP

15 posts by 7 authors in: Forums > CWSP - Enterprise Wi-Fi Security
Last Post: April 28, 2010:
  • Took a shot at PWO-200 today, scored only 60%.....
    I got several questions regarding "WiFi Protected Setup" and I?m afraid I didn?t do so well on that topic. I?ve focused on enterprise security solutions rather than this "home user"-solution. Big mistake obviously...

I don?t want to seem grumpy but is WPS really relevant for this test? It is hardly mentioned (at all?) in the study guide. Why is it there in the first place?

I?ll have another go in late april.

/ AndersSt

• I took a second shot at PWO-200 today, scored 85% so I passed it this time. : )

/ AndersSt

• Awesome dude, well done it looks like a tough exam and it will be a while befoe I take it with all my other committments.

Will you be moving onwards and upwards when the future exams are available for your CWNE.

• By (Deleted User)

Congratulations on the pass! I never look at a failing attempt as a fail I look at it as an opportunity to get a little stronger on the subject at hand.

It looks like you've gotten stronger.

Well done!

Darby

• By (Deleted User)

andersst, congratulations! Well done, and kudos to you for sticking with it and giving it a second shot.

What (or whom) do you credit for your improvement?

• You got me. I only got an 80% last week when I took the CWSP. Conrgrats!!!!

• I got 90% in CWSP exam last week, my previous Cisco experience helped me a lot specially IDS/IPS IPSec VPNs, 802.11x etc

But I must say I learned a lot about wireless technology from CWNA and CWSP study.

• [quote]andersst, congratulations! Well done, and kudos to you for sticking with it and giving it a second shot.

What (or whom) do you credit for your improvement?

Kevin Sandlin
    CEO & Co-Founder @ CWNP, Inc.
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinsandlin
    twitter.com/cwnp
    [/quote]

Thanks for all the encouragement!

My score per section was:
    Networking Monitoring 87%
    Security Policy 100%
    Wireless LAN Discovery 100%
    Security Solutions 76%
    Network Attacks 100%

Strangely enough I felt the most confident in the questions regarding Network Monitoring and Security Solutions....

On my first attempt I was poorly prepared for WPS and some other stuff that is not at all common here in Sweden. For example Enterprise Encryption Gateways, you?ll not find any over here.

I also found a couple of typos in the test. In one question the text referred to one of the two images but it should clearly have been the other one. And in one question the text referred to [i]PeerKey Handshake[/i] where I believe they ment [i]STAkey Handshake[/i]?

Anyways, now I?m going to order the study guides for CWDP and CWAP and start all over again. I have the old CWAP study guide for the old retired exam PWO-205 as a paperback on my bookshelf but I guess there?s plenty new stuff in the new one.

/ AndersSt

• how did you get your score per section? Was is on your print out? I was so excited I passed I dont even know if I looked at my print out.

• Disregard my last post. Went out to my truck and found my print out:

Security Solutions 70%
    Network Attacks 100%
    network monitoring 87%
    Wireless LAN Discovery 100%
    Security Policy 88%

Page 1 of 2