Forum

• By (Deleted User)

>>First of all, i would like to congratulate all the respected studyguide authors for their great efforts & >>hard work they have put into this book.

Thank you.

>>what follows is what i believe to be wrong/misspelled/inaccurate

The book just came out and since this is the 1st edition I do expect there to be mistakes, hopefully, mostly typo mistakes and not serious techical mistakes. We might as well use this thread as the CWSP Study Guide Erratta" thread. As mistakes are discovered, they will be reported to my publisher for future fixes.

Let's take a look at what you have pointed out:

>>Page 43: Point #8, The mentioned packet (#16) is an ACK, should be any other data packet like #18 for ex.

Actually, you are looking at the wrong capture file. During step #8 you should be looking at NON_ENCRYPTED_MSDU.PCAP and packet #16 is indeed a data frame.

>>Page 47: 10th line from the top, sentence should read: "This transform set is then used in the...".

The sentence is poorly worded. It should read as follows: "This transform set is then used as the confi guration settings of the VPN server and client."

>>Page 59: Q.10, Choice (C), "computers" should be "devices".

Agreed. The question talks about one laptop and an AP. The word "computers" should be replaced with "devices"

>>Page 85: Point #5, "AES clock cipher" should be "AES block cipher".

What you have not heard about the new clock ciphers? Just kidding. It should be "AES block cipher"

>>Page 87: On the CCMP Header part of the Figure, "Key IV" should be "Key ID".

Yes and no. There should actually be a little more clarity in the labels in that figure. There are three fields in the the CCMP header that are known as the the "Key ID octet" - Those three fields are the Reserved field, the ExtIV field and the Key ID field. The ExtIV subfield (bit 5) of the Key ID octet signals that the CCMP Header field extends the MPDU header by a total of 8 octets, compared to the 4 octets added to the MPDU header when WEP is used. The ExtIV bit (bit 5) is always set to 1 for CCMP.
    Bits 6?7 of the Key ID octet are for the Key ID subfield.

I seriously doubt that the CWSP exam will test on Key ID octect of the CCMP header, however, you can refrence Figure 8.15 in section 8.3.3.2 of the 802.11-2007 standard to see exactly what I mean.

>>Page 94: Q.7, Shouldn't choice (F) be included?

I believe you are correct. The MSDU priority bit is part of the the MIC calculation and answer F should also be a correct answer.

Page 1 of 1