Forum

• HITECH has a little more teeth as I understand it, it adopts HIPAA for security and privacy however is seems to have higher stakes in the event of a breach.  If you lose EMR there are fairly significant repercussions. Your company, organization, hospital, etc could end up on a website for all to see that you lost so many records.  If that number is large enough you could even have to contact all the patients and set up a call center for the security breach as I understand it.  I know that it is still fairly non-descript in terms of requirements or how to accomplish privacy and security, but it seems to try and motivate you to do everything possible to prevent security breach.  I know this is silly to even discuss, ideally everyone should be using minimally TKIP but that doesn't alway transfer to the lawyers, directors and executives.  In otherwords, I think this helps put a cost on a security breach and possibly provide those who need it a little ammunition for getting that CAP-EX request approved to upgrade their security.  I just want to try and empower my fellow WLAN professional so any info is appreciated.

Page 1 of 1