Decode Wifi (wpa) traffic Real-Time
Last Post: April 20, 2010:
Have a quote on Wifoo book
"He can enter the passphrase into a protocol analyzer, capture a 4-way handshake, and then decode encrypted traffic in real-time "
I tried to use some protocol analyzer like wireshark or omipeek but i did'nt see where enter passphrase to decrypt
anybody did that? pleass suggest me
First, you need the 4-way handshake otherwise you will not be able decypher anything. Beyond that you may need some horsepower behind your decryption engine. I seem to remember doing this with Wireshark. I'll try it again and see if I get anything.
Here is the wireshark how-to
You need capture 4-way handshake using BT4F:
1. Run in first shell airodump-ng -c 2--bssid 00:22:33:44:55:66 -w dump wlan0
2. Run in second shell Deauth aireplay-ng -0 10 -a 00:22:33;44:55:66 -c 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan1
3. Look in first shell and look when appear "WPA Handshake" announcement:
CH 2 ][ Elapsed: 16 s ][ 2010-03-29 08:10 ][ WPA handshake: 00:18:39:D3:FB:A0
4. Using aircrack-ng and wpa-psk passphrase,decrypt dump-01.cap file
5. Open decryptetd .cap file with wireshark.
Sounds like something to try on for size.