Forum

• I am located in Detroit,MI and assisting a customer to with a serious netowrking issue (wired/wireless) that needs to be resolved immediately. We want to rent a spectrum analyzer (from a reputable place)that will cover the 2.4Ghz spectrum to help identify potential sources of interference. Any suggestions?

• By (Deleted User)

may try airmagnet

• Just curious,

Did you find one? Which model? How much did it cost? Thanks.

• As a long time Agilent customer and owner of their gear I know you can rent whatever you need from them.

They do make some of the best spectrum analyzers out there and the best protocol analyzer ever. I know I am biased.

http://buyalternatives.tm.agilent.com/lease_rent_finance/rental.shtml

There are a bunch of rental partners below in the link.

Regards..

• Ultimately we ended up renting an HP RF Spectrum Analyzer but for the most part did not find it useful for our needs. I've lost a hard drive since then so I don't have the model # or remember where I rented from but it was not the proper equipment for what we needed/wanted. The company sent a rack mount analyzer rather than a portable unit, and they did not send the proper antenna to actually utilze the analyzer effectively. We eventually made it work and could monitor the spectrum but we never saw more than what we could monitor with other tools we had which included:

YellowJacket PocketPC
    Airopeek NX & Etherpeek NX
    AirMagnet

• By (Deleted User)

Thanks SRPITTMAN , your followup is much appreciated.

For all of you forum users, your insights no matter how small are read. No one is insignificant when it comes to wireless. We are all associated in some form or the other and I am constantly learning from all comments. The world is changing and WLAN, WWAN, WPAN expertise is going to continue to explode.

Users and customers need good RF/DATA (wireless) CWNAs, CWSPs, CWAPs and eventually CWNEs :), like yourselves. I am no where where I want to be in my understanding of wireless networking and forums "postings" such as these are VALUED :D.

Cherish your accomplishments in this certification as it crosses all telecomunications boundaries. Continued success in your studies and hands-on applicatons of all the various tools that may or may not be available to you.

This is strictly my opinion and is nowhere endorsed or the view point of the CWNP (Planet3) management.

Page 1 of 1