Forum

• Hi There,
    I have ascenario for building WiFi Network.

Six( 6) Floor office building. indicating rooms,walls, roof, ceiling ,

Objective : cover all building with WiFi Network Coverage Area

Restrictions.

All the Aps must b connected to main AP( acting as gateway to all) or all must b connected to each other ( Mesh Network)

only main server( AP ) is connected to Wired Ethernet( or at the most two )

for example we have A,B,C,D,E Aps( Assuming A as main server connected to Ethernet wired network/Internet source.)
    E may b connected to B,C,D.... C may b connected to B and so on.

please advice me accordingly
    any restrictions on that.( as I know if AP is acting like repeater. throughput is reduced to half.

thanks in advance.

Regads

Bilal
    bsheikh@gmail.com

• Hi Bilal in New York:

The standard briefly describes a wireless distribution system (WDS) between two access points but leaves many of the details to the vendors. You will want to get vendor specific advice regarding your design.

As you noted, a major limitation of WDS is that the several access points share the same channel. In practice these solutions are a better fit for low volume home use than for business use. The typical business solution (and in my opinion the superior home solution) has all access points connected to Ethernet.

Some proprietary mesh vendors put multiple radios into their access points so that clients use one channel to communicate with their access point and the access points use a separate channel for the "mesh".

I hope this helps. Thanks. /criss

Page 1 of 1