Forum

• I submit this as informational, and solicit your comment.

I noticed that for weeks, my laptop through normal use in the office would intermitently, drop from the normal 54Mbs down to 1Mbps. Afterwards I would do a wireless connection repair, by which Windows would kindly stop the connection, re-initialize, connect at 54Meg, and grab the IP address again. This would need repeated every 2-4 hours, so a couple of times a day.

I initially thought it was channel 6 interference with my office building neighbors, on my D-Link AirPlus Extreme G router. But later other tenants changed their configs, though the problem persisted.

Then, I upgraded the AP firmware to the latest, still no cigar.

Finally, I upgraded the Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG driver to the latest on Intels website - to 9.0.3.9 dated 9/12/05. This seemed to be the ticket, I now stay connected day in and day out for over a week now at 54 Mbps. Seemingly the problem is fixed.

This was a lot of trial and error, and keep in mind I own and thought I could troubleshoot this problem with my Airopeek analyzer, but could not.

What could I have done, should I have done to wrestle this problem down like a true certified CWNA professional?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Page 1 of 1