Forum

• Hi Devin

I recently looked into the details of your white paper regarding 'Protection Ripple in ERP 802.11 WLANS'. It was interesting and got me driving to learn more.

But ust how many 802.11 standards should I get into my head to get CWAP? I can't digest all of the 12 standards related to 802.11. (That's digging my own grave)

Could of great help if I know just how much needed to get pass CWAP.

Thanks.

Smith Joseph
    Toronto

• Hi everyone

Can someone please tell me how many of the 802.11 standards should we read to have an understanding for PHY details in WLAN, to pass CWAP?

I know for sure, 802.11, 802.11b, 802.11g has great information, but should I have to mug even 802.11i, 802.h, etc?

Please advice. Thank you.

Regards
    Smith Joseph

• By (Deleted User)

Well, until a new CWAP exam is created, you'd just need to cover the ones listed in the Exam Objectives shown here:

http://www.cwnp.com/exams/pw0205_objectives.html

So, that means all of the PHY and MAC layer standards like .11a/b/g plus .11i and .11e as it was in the draft (i.e. before it became a standard). I don't see any other drafts or standards listed in the objectives. Personally, I'd learn them anyway because you'll see them in real life, especially 802.11e/WMM QoS which most protocol analayzers can't decode without an upgrade.

Joel

• Thank you very much.

Smith Joseph
    Toronto.

Page 1 of 1