Forum

• By (Deleted User)

No, I understand that when my card is in RFMON mode I can't connect to any networks. The issue I am having is after I shut down Omnipeek and it releases my adapter, I still can't use my card to connect to wireless networks. I've tried both Ciaco's ADU and Windows management utility to no avail. Re-installing the Cisco drivers fixes the issue but then Omnipeek no longer works. It's a catch22. :)

• I use the Cisco CB21AG card for my omnipeek radio. In a previous life on this laptop (before I recently nuked it), I had the same problem where the cisco radio would not associate with an AP unless I messed around with the driver. What a pain! Then I had to play with it again to make it work with omnipeek. My solution?

I bought a few different Atheros cards off eBay. Now I currently use the cisco card ONLY with omnipeek. I have other cards that work great when I need an Internet fix. The cisco card really is quite sensitive. That's why I use it with the sniffer. I think it's the best of the bunch. One of the other cards is dedicated to Air Defense Mobile (same type of driver problem with omnipeek).

Easy.

• Yet another amateur radio op, very nice shack.

73's

• By (Deleted User)

Yep, that's what I'm about to do. I will be installing a MiniPCI card that uses the Intel chipset for my wireless connectivity and will continue to use the Cisco card with Omnipeek.

M/Q Escribi?3:

Yet another amateur radio op, very nice shack.

73's

?

• Sorry,

Wk4u is an amateur radio operator. Being one myself I recognized that the signature was a call sign. Mine is K0PBX. 73 is an old code numeric that translates in to best regards.

The amateur radio community is a rather interesting group of people that find it special to meet another like minded person. Hence my salutations.

If you are interested in increasing your skill set in the RF side of wireless, I can think of no better place to gain experience than to become an amateur radio operator. Hams have been working/playing with RF for a long time.

• By (Deleted User)

Thanks for clarifying, I had a feeling it had something to do with that.

• Hi,

If anybody wants to use same adapter for capturing after some time for connecting.

Disable and enable the adapter and it will work.

With regards,
    Murali

• After seeing it on this post and reading about it in the 4th Edition Study Guide, I tried to get a copy. I couldn't find it on the website, but finally found a reference on the support forum.
    The statement simply said that it was no longer available.:'(
    Does anybody know of a good substitute?
    Thanks

• Hi digger48,

I have this software and many others do. Its free and hence should be shared. PM me with a site i can upload it for you. Its free and should go round.

Okechukwu

Page 3 of 3