Forum

• Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me in understanding how AID values are stored in the AP.
    In page 145 of the CWAP guide it states that for values 1-2007 with bits 15 and 14 of the duration/ID field both having values of 1, the station can identify its AID value to the AP for data retrieval with a PS-Poll frame.

--- To me this imlplies that we could have 2007 AID values (actually 2008 with AID 0 reserved for DTIM non unicast packet identification) that could be listed in the AP for identifying stations for which frames are buffered.

On page 95 of the CWAP guide in describing the Partial Virtual Bitmap it says that it is only 2 octets. If each bit in the partial virtual bitmap corresponds to a specific AID value and realizing that the number of bits listed is compressed by using the bitmap offset and the value of the length field,to eliminate zeros from the beginning and end, it would seem to me that instead of 2 octets you could have a variable length of bits to represent this field between 0 to 2007 bits-- or 0 to 251 bytes.

As always any help or guidance in understanding is humbly appreciated,
    Rico

• Hi Asoa of Maldives:

Most forum names are anonymous. Knowing a location makes the interaction more personal and memorable -- less faceless.

And it impresses my wife that I help people all over the world. This makes our intimacies more powerful.

Thanks. /criss

• Criss Hyde -- Friend of the Wireless World

I guess that's better as you are not helping just the CWNP program in here.

• By (Deleted User)

Criss_Hyde Escribi?3:

And it impresses my wife that I help people all over the world. This makes our intimacies more powerful.

Thanks. /criss

Wish I could get my wife excited about wireless networks :)

Page 1 of 1