Forum

• By (Deleted User)

Are the frames with invalid FCS proccessed by the client ? what i guess No

My clients are not getting connected to the AP , when I sniff air using airopeek I can see a lot of Dissociation frames with invalid FCS , some which are for broadcast addresses and some are directed to some clients.

Can these dissociation frames are responsible for no connectivity ?

Thanks

• Keep in mind when you see a frame with an invalid FCS that the frame may have been good, but from the perspective of the packet capture card the frame could have been bad. Make sure that your capturing laptop is right next to your clients.

Given that you have already done this, the clients should not process a frame with an invalid FCS. A disassociation frame should always be unicast so if you are seeing some with a broadcast receiver address then someting is wrong. The frame may not have been a disassociation at all. If the FCS is wrong you can't really trust it.

Dissassociation frames can be the cause of no connectivity. I would be curious as to where the dissassociation frames are coming from. One would thing that it is the AP, but have to check to make sure.

Perform some more captures and give us an update. Sounds like a fun problem!

Page 1 of 1