Forum

• I hate to bring back an older post but I've been waiting for 2 weeks (at least) to get my account going.

I've used all three of the big controller based systems: Nortel's Airespace, Nortel's Trapeze and Aruba (twice). There are definitely differences in the ability of each of these systems when using their features in a wireless VoIP environment.

I am involved in my second large WLAN with a very large wireless VoIP piece. I can say, without a doubt, that Aruba's implementation works very well with ARM but you must have voice aware scanning. When I've used the voice aware scanning with ARM, we have had no problems what so ever. I cannot say that about any of the other products out there.

Since this is a professional forum, I won't bring out all the information involved since a flame war isn't going to help anyone. I have spoken in detail with the big 4 (Cisco, Nortel, Aruba and Airespace) and I definitely see vastly different opinions on automatic options for WLAN equipment. What I will say is I've done a 500+ AP environment and a 1000+ AP environment with wireless VoIP (the last one has over 2000 wifi phones of all 802.11 types) using Aruba + ARM which has been very successful. There is no doubt it does work as advertised from my experience.

Page 1 of 1