Forum

• I'm in the process of trying out an ExpressCard 34 adapter for PCMCIA CardBus cards. I've only used each external device for a few minutes, but here are the applications and adapters I've tried.

The adapter is from StarTech.com, and is a CB2EC. This adapter leaves the entire PC card sticking out from the side of the computer, so mechanically it is subject to damage. One company makes an ExpressCard adapter with a cable that I will probably try.

These trials were on a MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz, which was booted with Windows XP Pro, SP2. AirMagnet BlueSweep runs with the Apple Bluetooth hardware.

Cisco Aironet Desktop Utility 4.2 with CB21AG

Cognio spectrum analyzer Model 750T, part number 21008-002, using OmniSpectrum 3.1 software

AirMagnet Laptop Analyzer 7.6 with Ubiquiti SRC adapter ran for about 20 minutes and locked up. The Ubiquiti adapter software seems to run, and AirMagnet doesn't promise this combination will run, but there's hope for tweaking, since I pushed all the buttons and exercised it while it was running. Also, Windows WZC was running, as well as the Ubiquiti client software.

Sierra Wireless AirCard 580, successful EVDO (Rev.0) connection using AirCard 580 Watcher control software

Charles Preston

Page 1 of 1