Forum

• I'm having a problem with Spectralink phones dropping calls on a particular floor of a hospital I support.

I am using Cisco 4404 WLCs and 1242AGs with 2.2dB ceiling mount omnis.
    Auto-RF is not being used, and the design is a general low-power high AP density setup.
    The lower b/g data rates (1,2,5.5,6,9) are disabled per corporate standard.
    All of the phones are on the same controller and no layer-3 roaming is required.

This is a setup that I did not configure, but am now in charge of fixing.

Here is what I have tried so far:
    -Boosted AP transmit power from 4(~12mW) to 3(~25mW) in areas where signal strength dipped below -65dBm
    -Set phone transmit power to 30mW, which is the closest value to the highest AP transmit power (from Cisco and Avaya design guides)

I am considering operating the phones using 5GHz. The nurses station where a large amount of complaints come from is surrounded by microwaves and I'm pretty sure other 2.4 devices are lurking as well. At this moment I do not have access to a spectrum analyzer, but I'm working on that.

I haven't made any precise measurements of the cell overlap. The antennas are mostly located in
    patient rooms, and those walls seem to kill the signal when you step into the hallway. Of course the nurses are mostly in the hallways using wifi phones and mobile carts.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can do? I appreciate any help.

:?

Page 1 of 1