Forum

• By (Deleted User)

I am looking for a frame capture of the establishment of Peer Keys also known as STA keys. I need a capture of the PeerKey handshake that allows for the generation of dynamic keys for a client station-to-station link within the parameters of normal BSS operation.

I have never seen this behavior in a sniffer before and if anyone has a capture of a PeerKey handshake, I really could use it for the WLAN security book that I am currently working on.

• I have a follow up question... is any vendor doing DLS (802.11z)?

GT

• By (Deleted User)

I have a follow up question... is any vendor doing DLS (802.11z)?

Not that I know of. But someone wants all of this. I did a search on Google about a year ago trying to figure out what vendors actually wanted to do PeerKey and I believe it was Aruba engineers that wanted the capability in the standard. However I have never found the setting on an Aruba controller. I am going to post this same question on the Aruba forums and see if someone can give me an answer.

I have been dying to see this in a sniffer for a long time. If I get a capture, I will send you a copy Gene.

• By (Deleted User)

No one ever sent me a PeerKey capture. I am thinking PeerKey might be an IEEE dream... sort of like the tooth fairy.

Page 1 of 1