Forum

• Hello Jon,

Yes indeed...In fact let me share with you my elevator journey.

1) ALMOST always you will be declined due to local codes when asked about putting anything on or in the car AND in the shaft. Most inspectors will say "if its not elevator related, the answer is NO". How I was able to get around this in the past --- by partnering with the elevator companies. I also stressed the reason WHY i needed coverage in the car. If you are doing a hospital you can stress safety.

2) If you can attach to the car it would be best. Most newer cars have data already pulled into the car. Which you can tap into. If there is only 1 line, use the un-used pairs. Power is also provided in the car as well. If teh car doesnt have data it will be $$$ to run in the coil. Or so Im told... They wanted to charge like 3,000-5,000 per coil...

3) The shaft, if you get the shaft for putting on or in the car. Take a directional/patch (i like to use 6.5dbi or so) and point it down or up from the shaft. At 25 to 50 mw you will get a good 4-6 storys in most cases. If your building is higher put one on top and the bottom shaft. Again you need approval of course. But if you pitch it right with the inspectors you may be lucky ... Or YOU COULD just cowboy it... Paint the gear gray :)

Page 1 of 1