Forum

• Hey Chris how did you go with the ACMX, I havent touched Aruba personally but thei program ties up along side Cisco pretty neatly, got no plans down that road but their cert info is a little thin?

• By (Deleted User)

Good question, Pete. Chris, how did you do on ACMX?

And here's a great opportunity for me to reiterate that CWNP is a superb foundation for high level vendor specific wireless certs like ACMX and CCIE-Wireless. There are precious few individuals who have earned the CCIE-Wireless, and many of them were CWNE prior to hitting Cisco's highest level wireless cert.

• Kevin

I know I amongst others consistently mention vendors certs however I want to state that the more I understand about the CWNP pogram and what this site etc stands for the better I like, no politics, just wireless facts, as we know and understand them today.

I actually percieve that CWNP and hopefully WNE will enhance my role as a wireless engineer filling the many gaps left within the vendor certs.

No cert can be all things to all men, and women but I see the vendor coupled with the CWNP as an excellent marriage for completeness.

I think the design couse will be quite interesting as no doubt it will challenge some of the accepted practices proposed by some vendors while supporting those of others. However I do believe that the CWDP will still have no bias just chasing the truth and best practice while exploding a few myths

• Well Pete & Kevin, I was ACMX #9 and about the 3rd person outside of Aruba Employees to get ACMX. As vendor focused exams go it was pretty tough and you needed to have a good understanding of both Aruba's architecture and how to design a wireless network to pass it. I really regard it on a similar level in toughness to the RHCE I did a few years back in that you really couldn't pass it without having a very thorough knowledge of deploying Aruba systems to get there. I really don't have any clue about what Cisco's program is like as I have never taken a Cisco training course even though I have deployed multiple Cisco WLANS. I would expect it to be similar though in that you really can't pass it and claim to be an expert without having first spent time in the trenches learning how it works under the hood. I would totally agree that the advantages of the CWNP program is not only is it vendor neutral, but also it does a very good job of covering all the basic wireless technology questions that a wireless engineer would need to figure out how any specific vendor's equipment works. I think you get the idea, vendor certs are aimed at getting engineer's competent in the vendor's technology.

• Wilddev, There are only 9 certified?

• LEKtech, No that was Jan 2008 when I sat it. There are a lot more now.

• I looked at Pearsonvue and I didnt even see how to take that exam.

• Its not done through Pearson Vue. Its run by Aruba Networks themselves.

• By (Deleted User)

Are there a lot of differences between the Mobility Solutions offered by:

1. Aruba

2. Meru

3. Cisco

It seems to me that they are not that different?

Black Storm, Airepsace, and Proxim were promiscuous about who used their technologies when they were early in the game.

So how different are they?

When I look at Meru, I don't feel too out of place - admittedly I was not into Mobility at the time but how much more difficult can it be on a per vendor basis, I'm wondering?

• Honestly in my experience there isn't a large gap between Motorola, Cisco and Aruba. I would say Motorola excels in the retail and distribution sector and works really well with their Symbol handhelds, Aruba's all about security and their product is designed around that and Cisco/Airespace are all about the unified wired/wireless design. Meru has the central controller like the others but they implement a radically different model with the SCA and likewise Aerohive is a very different architecture with their co-operative control.

Page 2 of 3