Forum

• Wireless guru and founder of Wireless-Net, Ltd. Jim Geier's latest book, [url=http://www.amazon.com/Designing-Deploying-802-11n-Wireless-Networks/dp/1587058898/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273294421&sr=8-10]Designing and Deploying 802.11n Wireless Networks[/url], will be released next month. A must-read reference book for wireless engineers.

Jim is the authority of wireless and served as Chairman of the IEEE Computer Society, Dayton Section, and Chairman of the IEEE International Conference on Wireless LAN Implementation.

I remember that Mr. David Coleman also authored a white paper on 802.11n called [i]Guide to Deploying 802.11n Wireless LANs,[/i] which is a recommended reading for CWSP candidates.

• Its already on my Amazon wish list, however if Cisco Press has anything to do with it the date will drift,

I think I might have sorted a pre launch copy as a reviewer,

I f I get a copy to review I will let you know but I am eagerly awaiting this

• the problem of cisco that is it is courses concerned only with it is own devices but cwna learn you how to treat with the products of any company or any products to produce a good network

• By (Deleted User)

I just finished my review of the CCNA Wireless Certification Exam for Cisco Press and I'm getting ready to take the exam for it it to complete the deal.

I've already requested to review other books.

My problem is that I usually already own the book(s) so I don't quite enjoy the perk as most others might for their time.

Win some lose some.

I was getting read to order 5-6 more books for my library and thought better of it until I hear back from Cisco Press.

• Pete: Looking forward to reading your review of the to-be-released book. :-)

Darby: Good luck on your exam. Another classic wireless book to recommend (you may have heard of it): [url=http://www.amazon.com/802-11-Wireless-Networks-Definitive-Second/dp/0596100523/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273353645&sr=8-1]802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition[/url] by Matthew Gast.

• Now we have some excellent study guides for CWNP cert exams. Well, it might be a good idea for CWNP Inc. to author other kinds of 802.11 books besides the study guides. I myself appreciate the Bible series by Wiley and the Definitive Guide series by O'Reilly. How about a [i]802.11 Bible[/i], or [i]Configuring 802.11 Wireless LANs: The Definitive Guide[/i]? :-)

CWNP's reputation in industry could guarantee the market, I guess? This is my suggestion of certification development.

• Thats a brilliant idea, I can imagine how much actually goes into writing a tech book but I also know that if CWNP published then I would probably buy it.

If I get the book that is, I am not sure what they are sending, there has been a little correspondence but its now a waiting game, its a freebee so hears hoping.

• I am sure an awful lot goes into writing/producing a book - especially in a timely manner.

I have a couple of Jim Geiers books, and if this is anything like his others - it's a must have!

• His [i]Deploying Voice over Wireless LANs[/i] is on my reading list.

Page 1 of 1