Forum

• From the document linked to below:

"It is not possible to evaluate the relative performance of wireless devices with different antenna systems by performing measurements only in a few locations at various distances"

This document shows how wireless performance can be reliably and predictably measured using stop motion tables. This method is the one recommended in the IEEE 802.11T test document, and is used by several chip and device manufacturers.

Later I'll be posting again, on who uses it. There will be some interesting wlan industry ramifications for buyers and the rest of the industry too.

This type of testing can involve a considerable amount of time and resources to complete, so you probably won't be using it yourselves, but it will explain the basics of the techniques used in a follow-up post I'll be making.

I hope you will find it interesting.

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/06/11-06-1320-00-000t-inconsistencies-in-open-over-air-oota-tests.ppt

• Wow cool Wlanman09. i have been looking for something like this for a while now. My own testing always seems to be way different than manufacturers stated testing results. Looking forward to your followup post.

Page 1 of 1