Forum

• Ok we all know that interference is bad.

Now a few questions.

Its pretty tricky to eliminate interference and as such I have recently looked at a deployment that in my mind is shot to bits.

OK the senario is a warehouse racked out. Single yagis are deployed the the AIR-ANT1949 diversity is still enabled but no diverse antennas. The antennas are at the ends of the aisles, the channels are using everything from 1 to 13 and they are transmitting over 1Watt. Yes 1Watt.

Now I have recommended AIR-ANT 2465 as a better antenna in the same locations. I would have used alternate ends of the aisles but we cannot change that. We will get the signal hitting the ground sooner than with the Yagis. Also introduce diversity to help with the multipath and set the channels up and drop the power.

Now when I model this in Airmagnet I get interference around the ends of the aisles of about 30%, however that is significantly better than it was.

What would we assume as a max level of interference. I know if we have many signals we have to suck it up and try to broadcast over these and get and SNR that is workable but that isnt the case here. The interference will be caused bythe side lobes mainly.

Page 1 of 1