Forum

• I looked at http://www.manucomp.com/cisco_tips/Cisco%20Antenna%20Guide.pdf to review the Cisco antennas you mentioned. I agree that the AIR-ANT 2465 should be a much better solution. You didn't say at what height the1949's are mounted, but I could imagine having lots of nulls on the ground when the client is nearby and/or is underneath one of them.

With that much power, are the warehouse people complaining of memory loss (seriously) ?

It sounds like the original design was using diversity incorrectly - like they didn't understand the idea behind it.

Is there another reason that they originally chose outdoor antennas, or was this just a gain/directivity issue (at least in their minds)?

If you wanted to have some fun, and had the time, it might make an interesting experiment to put a second 1949 directly below one of the originals about 10 to 20 or so wavelengths away. Then connect them both up to the same AP as diversity antennas - and of course enable it on the AP if it isn't already. (I like to experiment !)

Page 1 of 1