Forum

• I passed CWDP today with a 71 on my first attempt using all but 5 minutes of the allotted time. This exam is no joke. I have a college degree and a whole slew of IT certifications and this is probably the hardest exam I've ever sat.

In my preperation I used the following resources.

1) CWDP study guide
    2) CWDP study guide practice tests
    3) CWDP 60 question practice exam on CWNP.com
    4) LOTS of googling
    5) Guide to Deploying 802.11n Wireless LANs from Fluke written by David Coleman
    6) Math and Physics for the 802.11 wireless LAN engineer - http://www.connect802.com/download/techpubs/2008/my_chauffeur_BD0414.pdf

Thanks CWNP member Leonardo Mezzanotti for items 5 and 6.

I also have 2 years of real world experience in site survey, design, and implementation with Cisco wireless.

Areas i felt particularly weak in were better understanding of QOS, VoWLAN, and packet inspection. a little more experience with packet inspection and a good book or whitepaper on VoWLAN design would probably have gone a long way.

Knowledge testing was also a challenge. 3rd party prep materials for this exam are non-existant, presumably because the cert is so new. I would love to see at least one more test question pool become available on CWNP.com.

• Great job!!! I agree this test was no joke. Way to go man. What is next on your list?

• By (Deleted User)

Congratulations! Very well done.

• Sean,

In the past 12 months I've completed 3 professional level certifications and done a tour in Iraq so next on my list is to take it easy for a while and maybe read a book that is purely for pleasure rather than prepping for an exam. :)

• By (Deleted User)

Brian, congratulations again, and thank you for serving. Well done.

• Congrats, Brian.

• Brain,

Yeah, do what makes you happy. It seems to me that you deserve a break! Do you think in the future you will go for CWNE by passing CWSP and CWAP?

• Brian,

Very well done, congratulations.

Thanks for the mention.

Page 1 of 1