Forum

• Can someone give a GOOD and clear definition for these two Access Categories ?

For starters, by not using the word "Trigger" (or any word derived from it) in the Delivery-Enabled definition.

What is the real difference between these two ? Where is each used - and not the other, etc ?

Thank you.

• By (Deleted User)

The spec is super confusing on this topic (as I'm sure you know), but what I have gleaned is that these terms are two names for the same thing. Delivery-enabled ACs are part of the AP. Trigger-enabled ACs are part of the client.

-- Delivery-enabled ACs are QoS ACs on the AP for which data can be requested by the client with a specific frame.

-- Trigger-enabled ACs are QoS ACs on the client STA for which a QoS data frame can trigger delivery of buffered frames from the AP.

I believe the developers of the spec wanted to create separate terms to distinguish between this parameter on an AP and a client.

• I can believe it, but from my point of view it would be clearer if they kept the same category name, and specified the up or down-link [u]direction[/u] - explicitly in one way or another.

• By (Deleted User)

I agree. I've tried to make sense of their terms several times and I keep coming back to the definitions in Clause 3. This is where, in my opinion, the differences between trigger- and delivery-enabled are spelled out most clearly.

Page 1 of 1