Forum

• [quote]The packets never lie.[/quote]

I love saying this around the office. You can tell me you're not doing something, but I'm watching tcpdump and you are.

• I failed the test back in August, after reading ("eating") the whole CWAP book in 2 weeks. I had to take the test before September 1st, so I could use the Summer retake offer (CWNP keep on with these promotions, it does help to take some stress out, when you know you can retake the exam if you don't pass for first time!). Reading the book, doing practice tests, and reading some white papers will help you prepare for the test, but it is not enough to pass the test.
    As Kevin mentioned, know the PHY. Also, as most of us don't have the money to play/test with expensive Spectrum Analyzers, I would recommend to at least look at their manufacture's websites and documentation.
    Also reading/reviewing some key concepts on the 802.11-2007 and 802.11n-2009 standards can help you to be better prepared. I passed the CWAP test last in November, using the free second shot.
    Wlanman, good luck next time you take the test.

Alex
    CCNA, CWNA, CWSP, CWDP, CWAP

• By (Deleted User)

Alex, you're CWSP/AP/DP and yet you're a "newbie" here on the forums?

We expect a CWNE app soon, sir! ;-)

• Hi Kevin
    Yes, I would have sent a CWNE application, but I need 2 valid networking certifications (currently have only the CCNA) to apply for the CWNE. Thus, my plan for next year is to renew my CWSP (expiring on December 31st, 2011) and do some other certification. As I mentioned, the summer promotion are great, and had helped me a lot, not to be so stressed before the exam (keep up the good work, didn't see this with any other type of certifications!) I used this for my CWDP and CWAP this year!
    Then you will definitely get my application for CWNE! :-)
    Also, will now participate more actively in the forums...
    Take care

• By (Deleted User)

Very good. Best of luck!

• The CWAP exam, I felt, was very well covered in the book. If you know that book content, you will be good for the exam.

Kevin, I'm currently putting my application together for the CWNE, as I have now all the requirements. Editing the PDF application is giving me the most grief though, but I'll sort it out.

• Any 1 know if there is an example of a CWNE application? It would be great to see what level of detail you expect to see or how it is presentated. Whos on the board of CWNE approvers? is it a select comittee of current CWNI's (do you have to bw CWNE to instruct?)

so many questions..sorry :-)

• By (Deleted User)

Follow the structure of the CWNE app PDF, and you should be fine. When asked open ended items like specific project experience, be as detailed as you can without divulging confidential information.

No you do not have to be CWNE to be a certified instructor.

Page 2 of 2