Forum

• My question relates to co-channel interference in the 2.4 GHz band.

In high density areas with [b]small cell sizes[/b], clearly Access Point power levels
    need to be high enough to maintain high PHY rates in the service area
    but low enough to avoid co-channel interference with adjacent Access Points.

It is best if wireless stations also reduce their transmit power
    to prevent co-channel interference with APs in other BSAs.
    However, wireless stations usually continue to operate at full power.

Are there any techniques that can be used to force all/most stations to reduce their transmit power to match the AP? If not, what design adjustments should be made for this? Using a
    high supported rate (ie 24 Mbps and higher) can help by forcing the station to roam earlier
    but I don't think this is enough.

Thanks

• What are your clients? Clients that have CCX you can control their power output and even how they roam. I forget what versions of CCX support what though. HD WiFi is hard. What kind of area are you working in? What kind of traffic?

Cisco and Aruba both have guides on HD designs you may want to read over if you haven't already.

• I believe CCX v2 supports DTPC which works well if you have Cisco APs and CCX supported stations. Aruba recommends using TPC as defined in 802.11h. Since this was originally part of radar and satellite interference avoidance in the 5 GHz band, I was wondering if also works in the 2.4GHz band and if so how broadly available is it in wireless stations.

Thanks

• yeah, that is the downfall of CCX, however you didn't post any info on what your clients are. Also a couple other question I had seemed to have been missed.

Page 1 of 1