Forum

• Tomorrow I will have completed the final requirement for my CWNE application, namely a second current certification outside the CWNP program. This is a great program, and I'm glad I decided to pursue it. The experience and knowledge are invaluable, and I hope the program explodes in popularity, just as the 802.11 industry has. I'm very anxious to submit my application, and I think I understand the process, but I have a couple simple questions.

Do I need to include documentation/proof of employment for the minimum 3 years of experience? If so, what kind of documentation is acceptable?

How long does it usually take to process an application?

Do I submit my application before my endorsers, or is it OK if they submit before me?

Any suggestions for the application that aren't on the form itself?

How cool is it to be a CWNE? Seems pretty awesome to me.

Wish me luck!

• Is min 3 years mandatory?

Over past 12 months I have gained mahoosive amounts of Wireless experience. Covering everything from each of the Professional books, troubleshooting, security and design. I have gained knowledge and skills from each and applied them to my work.

Let me know kevin!

Good luck @@ron

• Well done on your progress.
    I can only say what I did to get mine, and yes, it certainly included work history, and some essay writing of various projects.
    From what I remember, the form pretty much had all the information. Once you package it up in a single PDF, just send through. They didn't take long to process mine, but I guess that's up to them, not for me to say on their behalf.
    How cool is it to be a CWNE? Probably a lot cooler if you're in America, as I believe it's more known over there.
    The real question I have is what's next? :)

• Well done @@Ron!! Here's answers to your questions:

[quote]Do I need to include documentation/proof of employment for the minimum 3 years of experience? If so, what kind of documentation is acceptable?[/quote]

Yes. This is your WiFi resume. We'll check it.

[quote]How long does it usually take to process an application?[/quote]

Less than 30 days.

[quote]Do I submit my application before my endorsers, or is it OK if they submit before me?[/quote]

Doesn't matter which arrives first.

[quote]Any suggestions for the application that aren't on the form itself?[/quote]

Consider the CWNE application to be just as important - if not more important - than a job application, because once you earn CWNE, you are setting yourself apart from the rest of the networking industry as an experienced, trained expert. Make it count, be as detailed as possible. Show off your knowledge and experience. Don't brag, but this is the time to tell what you have done and can do.

[quote]How cool is it to be a CWNE? Seems pretty awesome to me.[/quote]

You kidding? It's the bomb.

• Kevin --
    [quote]Consider the CWNE application to be just as important - if not more important - than a job application, because once you earn CWNE, you are setting yourself apart from the rest of the networking industry as an experienced, trained expert. Make it count, be as detailed as possible. Show off your knowledge and experience. Don't brag, but this is the time to tell what you have done and can do.[/quote]

Thank you for the advice -- this is a serious program, and I've grown to respect it even more since getting involved. I hope my experience is equal to the rigorous requirements of the CWNE certification, and I'll be sure to give CWNP a clean, professional application.

Spice_Boy --
    [quote]The real question I have is what's next? :)[/quote]

For me, probably CCNP. I have an expired CCNA and CSPFA, and I plan to pursue R&S CCNP.

The LPI certification track looks kind of fun, too -- LPIC-1 was fun, and I've heard that the next two are pretty tough.

How about you?

• To be honest, my next goal will have something to do with music :)

• I submitted my applicationfor CWNE via email on May 15th, but haven't heard back yet. I'm not as concerned with the application status as I am with knowing that I sent it to the right place and that it was received without issues. I requested confirmation of receipt a week after I sent it in, but got nothing back.

Is it typical to go this long without any confirmation that the application was successfully received? Don't want to pester the folks reviewing my application too much :-)

• OK, got a response -- it's in the hands of the powers that be, now! Wish me luck --

Page 1 of 1