Forum

• By Jaromir - edited: July 16, 2013

After passing my CWSP exam, back in 2011, I was thinking about to take the challenge on CWAP exam. Reading the CWAP book  for the first time brought me only the facts how much know-how I was missing to pass the exam.  This would be one of the most difficult IT test, if I would decide to go for it. Although sniffer certified and working with wireshark, this fact was difficult to accept. Coming from the environment with cisco wired and cisco wireless equipment I decided to go for cisco wireless certifications. Passing CCNA Wireless and getting CCNP Wireless I got my ego back. This time I was in parallel going through different white papers and working with wireshark. My second pass through the CWAP book brought me hope that the CWAP exam is to master although I was not prepared yet. In this time I was supposed to bring a solution on how to troubleshoot VoIP on wired and wireless networks. Coming in contact with Wildpacket’s Omnipeek Network Analyser, I  found  a real  tool for polishing my know-how for wireless analysis. I enjoyed the third reading of the excellent  CWAP book while interacting with Omnipeek and AirMagnet Spectrum Analyzer. This time I knew I will pass the CWAP Exam and I did it, with very high score. CWDP exam is quite another story. I am working with wireless more than 10 years, making site surveys, deploying wired and wireless equipment and doing day-to-day network management. Passing “Conducting Cisco Unified Wireless Site Survey” exam, having a lot of experience with Fluke AirMagnet Planer and Survey Pro tools, reading the CWDP book was great happening. I was really enjoying every part of the book preparing myself for the exam. Certification in the area of Project Management that I took in the past was very helpful for handling the whole area of  network design in general and wireless design in particular. I found the practice tests on the CD  as well on-line tests on the CWNP site being extremely valuable for the preparation of all exams.   Final comments:  it took me several years to get CWNP wireless certifications and I am happy that I did them.  They opened to me new horizons in the wireless world and very good feeling at the day-to-day work. Thanks to them I will stay with wireless throughout my whole life. Hi guys if you are motivated for wireless stay with it and never give up, you will succeed. Many thanks also to persons that made such a great international environment, bringing Wireless technology to the focus. Many thanks to Brad Crump, Tom Carpenter, Devin Akin, Kevin Sandlin, Julia Baldini and all  the authors of the excellent  Sybex books. Jaromir Likavec

Page 1 of 1