Forum

• By (Deleted User)

My USR and D-Link AP's lock too much about twice a month?When i plug-off,on the power again the system goes ok. I mailed both companies they say it is because of firmware issues and wait for the new firmware updates? I'm installing these devices outdoor with pro made nema enclosures. No humidity or wetness releated. But maybe something related with high temperatures cause on summers outside temperatures go above 40-42 degree celcius. Maybe bucause of their cpu's (as far as i know these most devices use arm7-arm9 samsung processors) can't handle too much traffic passing on them? Any ideas?

• By (Deleted User)

I believe your problem with the APs is environmental as well as software enhanced.

Too much Heat/Cold etc. can effect electronics products. If your AP is not enterprise class or simply hardened to survive the elements then a replacement solution is in order. Look at the specs the vendor publishes. Look at your own conditions were you are installing the network. Sometimes being vendor-specific is a HUGE plus. Not saying that the APs you have are not worth it. I say as a precaution fill out the manufacturers warranties and return it (electronic items) if it doesn't work the way it is supposed to based on the specs. Again, that is your choice.

Here is a link to the types of DLINK products at the enterprise level.

http://www.dlink.com/products/airpremier.asp

Do a Google on others and see what they offer.

I see your other questions and beleive the answer are in the product specifications etc and calling/emailing technical support may be the best option.

Hope this helps !

compughter

Page 1 of 1