Forum

• Here's my test situation:
    1) initial email was my client not associated. I'm using the Funk Odyssey Intel client set to not connect to any network. When I do this, it's probably the most reliable method to keep a running wireless NIC quiet next to disabling, etc.
    2) Using a my Cisco card, I locked AirMagnet Laptop Analyzer in decode to a single channel, so I wouldn't scan to a different channel and miss the RTS transmission from the location receiver.
    3) I filtered on my embedded Intel client, so I'd only see frames going to/from it.

I started the test for the location receiver and set it to test all channels (sweep) for 5 attempts separated by 100ms. Here's the data:

I got no response. I also tested it associated to a BSS located on channel 6 and repeated the scan by setting AirMagnet accordingly to ch 6 with the same filter. I would see my traffic from the card, CTS-to-self frames, but no CTS response to the RTS from the MAC of 00:0c:cc:00:17:df. Here's an example of the CTS-to-self:

I don't have that much time to make sure all of the pieces are working, but I find it interesting. Devin, what would you say the 'medium access rules' as you referenced in your quote? Is that the typical CS mechanisms (physical and virutal)?

Shawn

Page 1 of 1