Forum

• By (Deleted User)

Hi,

I have following confusion:

Retry counter is associated/related to MSDU or MPDU?

If it is related to MPDU then let consider a case where a single MSDU has 3 numbers of MPDU after fragmentation.

Also consider that the transmission of 1st MPDU is successful and for 2nd MPDU ,the 1st attempt is failing so it will retry so the retry counter associated with this MPDU will increase(if retry counter is associated with MPDU,this is what my question is?)till retry limit reach its thershold value & value of CW also increase till CW(max).If retry counter for 2nd MPDU reaches its threshold value so it will discard this 2nd MPDU and will proceed for 3rd MPDU or it will totally discard the MSDU??

There is no sense that for a single MSDU transmission with three MPDU,1st MPDU and 3rd MPDU will correctly received and 2nd MPDU is discarded if concept is as so.

Please clarify this??

Thanks

Regards,
    Govind..

• Hi

Retry counter is associated/related to MSDU or MPDU?

Retry counter is associated with MSDU

If retry counter for 2nd MPDU reaches its threshold value so it will discard this 2nd MPDU and will proceed for 3rd MPDU or it will totally discard the MSDU??

It will discard the second MPDU, it wont process third MPDU. It will totally discard the entire MSDU

• Hi sathakselva,

Retry counter is associated with MSDU

Each MPDU will have a seperate retry counter!!

I am open for counter argument!

Regrds,
    Kiran

Page 1 of 1