Forum

• Hi,

I have a Netgear Wifi router WGR614 V6 installed as a switch on my ADSL router which operate correctly with 2 PC's connected : one tower (on which a Wifi USB key Netgear WG111 V2 is installed) and a laptop (on which a Wifi card Intel link 5100 AGN is installed). With this configuration, I have no problem to connect those 2 PC's to the internet.

I have connected second laptop (on which a Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG is installed). The Wifi access works correctly (SSID ok, cl???????? WPA ok,...), but unfortunately the internet access doesn't work. For information :
    - the last Windows XP pilote for the Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG is installed
    - the IP address exists and is correct
    - the WGR614 and all PC's together use 802.11g protocol
    - the ping on www.google.com site runs not too correctly, some packets are lost, and sometimes this ping command doesn't work (and, as I said, the internet access through Wifi doesn't work)

- the Intel work around on PSP feature doesn't improve anything

- changing the 802.11 modes on the WGR614 router doesn't improve anything

For information, by using an other Wifi access point (which is not a WGR614) the Wifi card Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG runs correctly, and I can access the internet without any specific configuration with those 3 PC's.

Using a protocol analysis tool, I can see that there are a lot of TCP retransmissions, maybe it could be a track for the root cause...Maybe the WGR614 needs a specific configuration for the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG card ?

Thanks for your support if you could give me an answer about this issue.

Best regards.

• By (Deleted User)

First of all, what is the distance between the third PC and the AP? Try it at 5 feet from the AP too.

I would try turning off Power Save completley on the PC, and if that doesn't work remove WPA temporarily. Set it to no encryption and open (no) authentication.

Some AP's require parts of the WPA Handshake to complete in less than 100 ms, which is too fast for many client devices.

Good luck

Page 1 of 1