Forum

• You might already know that the Wi-Fi Alliance and the WiGig Alliance now cooperate for the development of a next-generation Wi-Fi technology. The new technology will work on the 60 GHz frequency band while backwards compatible for current 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi device.

Craig Mathias from the Farpoint Group delivers a valuable [url=http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/63354]video explaining the new technology and WiGig[/url].

---------------------------------

P.S. The post counter seems to be not working. It stops at '113' for a long time.

• My biggest concern is that it may be unusable in many instances due to the use in PtP and PtMP backhauls and backup WAN links. I would love to have 60 GHz spectrum analyzer to map out where this frequency is being used. However, I do not have one and have no idea to this spectrum's prevalence in the wild. I only know that there are products sold that use it.

• 60ghz backhaul links typically have such a narrow beamwidth and short range that I wouldn't think it would be much of a problem for a wi-fi setup.

Page 1 of 1