Forum

• Certainly Aruba is a tier 1 for market share but they only sell wireless infrastructure, in an enterprise bid they are only going to be a portion of an infrastructure project. Companies like HP and even Motorola are offering more end to end solutions. Heck, the company I work for will also sell you AP's, controllers, IDS/IPS, switches, routers, phones, voice servers, even engineers to install and manage it. Now that is tier 1 in my mind. However, the big players in wireless are definitely on Keith's tier 1 list. It would be interesting to see a list of companies that also offer switches, routers, voice servers, phone, handsets, and even managed/professional services along with their wireless solution. On a side note, I wonder what Juniper will do down the road for a wireless solution. Will they continue to with partnerships or is there an acquisition looming. The tier 1 companies certainly have almost all the market share, but then again all the wireless vendors except the 800 lb. gorrilla probably don't have as much market share as the 800 lb. gorrilla. It is easy to do 1 or 2 things really well, it is very difficult to do 100 things really well. That's just my $0.02.

Page 1 of 1