Forum

• Hello All!  I am new to cwnp but have been in the wireless industry for almost 10 years now.  I am beginning my certification path here but have a great foundation in wireless.  This is my first post and I am actually seeking advice on a solution for a customer.. hope this is OK and I posted in the right section.

As I'm sure most of you that already work in the industry know, there has been a move within the hospitality vertical to provide tiered access.  The few times I have been asked to do this, I simply have created two SSIDs and configured traffic shaping so that one offers limited bandwidth and the other provides the faster connection.  These have been for hotels and the front desk handles charging for access and providing PW (as well as manually changing it.. sometimes daily).

I am receiving many more requests for this tiered service approach and am seeking a more elegant solution.  What would be nice would be a captive portal solution that allows click through (or PW) for free access at limited bandwidth AND the ability to charge for faster connections (automated with paypal or CC processing).  The solution would ideally be vendor agnostic, as I am receiving requests from customers that already have WLAN with differing vendor deployments.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a platform for implementing this?

Much appreciated!

Page 1 of 1