Forum

• By Brad - edited: February 10, 2015

The new CWSP exam (CWSP-205) will launch 01 April 2015 at all Pearson Vue testing centers.
    The last day to take the current exam (PW0-204) will be 31 March 2015.  Training materials for the new CWSP exam will start launching on 01 March 2015.  First will be Authorized Learning Partner student coursebook and the CWNP eLearning course.  The official CWSP study guide will be published by CertiTrek Publishing and will be available in April.  Additional updates will be sent out via the CWNP newsletter.
    V/r, Brad

• That's great news, is there any chance you could provide us with highlights of the new content Brad.

Also hat are the plans for the other certs CWDP and CWAP , are there any plans to update or change them in the foreseeable future

• Hi Pingu - new CWSP learning objectives and content will be announced in three weeks (early March).  As for CWDP and CWAP they will be updated this year with CWDP coming first.  It is too early to announce exact dates.  Stay tuned!
    V/r, Brad

• Thanks Brad

Seems like you guys are a little busy! Even if I get my certs by then I will get the new material as I find the CWNP  great references.

Keep up the good work.

• Will be I able to use exam voucher for: PW0-204 against this new exam: CWSP-205?

• Hi,

We will replace the 204 voucher with a 205 voucher as it gets closer to the new exam launch time.  Contact customercare@cwnp.com to exchange your voucher.

Thanks,

Josie 

• In the  'CWNP 2014 Review and 2015 Update'  presentation on YouTube, Tom also mentions some upcoming webinars:  WLAN Security Concerns,  Building a WLAN Security Lab,  and Preparing For the New CWSP Exam.  Is there a time scheduled for these webinars yet?     Thanks  Reginald

• Hi,

If you can email customercare@cwnp.com, I will forward you the email with the webinar dates.

Josie

CWNP

• Who are the authors of the new book ?

• The new book is being written internally here at CWNP. However, we have multiple CWNEs assisting in the process of creating each of the new study guides. The new study guides will be focused on the exams. They will be aimed at providing knowledge linked to the objectives for the exams and, therefore, they will not include repeated coverage of material already in the CWNA study guide. The result is that the books can be in the 250-300 page range for each CWSP, CWAP and CWDP and focus strictly on security, troubleshooting and design. The current CWNA study guide will be unchanged for quite awhile as there is no current or near future enhancements that would drive an update to the book just released for a period of years from its release.

I hope this helps answer your question wirelessguru.

Tom

Page 1 of 3