Forum

• Hi CWNP forum,

My name is Ryan Hadley and I'm a Wi-Fi design engineer and entrepreneur. I don't like to talk about myself that much, so hopefully that saves me the trouble. :)

I came to this forum to try and get some feedback about a couple of products that I'm working on that will (hopefully) benefit people like us. The products themselves came about from my extreme frustration with collating reports into multiple formats, snipping signal coverage maps from AirMagnet or Ekahau and pasting them into a different document, and generally wasting my life with other tasks such as these.

The first product is called puddleJump, and it's a web-based, collaborative, predictive Wi-Fi design tool. Here are some key features:

• Web-based collaboration
    • User management with LDAP authentication capabilities
    • Shared virtual design rooms where all parties involved can collaboratively design a floorplan. The client actively participates in the design session, offering their insight.
    • Auto-place features using a sophisticated algorithm that considers user densities called "Occupant Zones", cell overlap, building material composition, and Line-of-Sight principles that will automatically move access points in their "Best Place" locations.
    • Automatically generated Bill of Materials based on the current vendor selection. If a client wants to see a design using more than one vendor, a comparison of both designs can be shown.
    • Specialized, fully-customizable reporting that allows each person involved with the design to get the reports that they need. Installers can even receive a map to the location(s), complete with where they should park, who their site contact is and their contact information, points of ingress and egress for the building, and a scheduled install report, showing them where they need to avoid being during certain times of the day, so that important sales meeting can still proceed uninterrupted.
    • Self-updating software, since it's web based.
    • Easy to use and straightforward.

Our goal is to provide the capacity for an organization to increase their sales by a significant margin, and we feel that this can be accomplished using puddleJump. An RFP that would usually take 4 months can be completed in just 1 month with existing staff, using puddleJump. We feel that large networking companies would also stand to benefit from using this software. The proliferation of Wi-Fi networks is increasing exponentially, so having a tool with which to quickly and accurately design Wi-Fi networks to match the demand, would result in more sales. At this point, everyone wins; the client gets the best design for their space, the service provider delivers quickly and efficiently, and the manufacturer pushes more hardware.

At least, this is what we feel. We'd also like to include a number of project management features into the software at a later date, but want to first focus on making the life of the Wi-Fi engineer better. Since I'm one of those guys that does this, then it's a bit self serving, but hopefully others will benefit. We are certainly open to comments, questions, and suggestions. The software is currently in alpha, and we're trying to facilitate investment via client validation, so, hopefully with your critiques, this software can actually become something.

The second product we're offering is called iWi (working title, we don't want to sound too Apple-y), and this will allow you to interface with puddleJump using Augmented Reality and be able to "see" simulated Wi-Fi signal in an environment. Here's a video that goes over that better than I can explain it: http://www.bitlion.com:8080/video/iwi.mp4 (sound)

There are more plans for this technology down the road, but as it applies now, we'd like to be able to leverage puddleJump and iWi to make design and troubleshooting more streamlined. Your feedback will really help make this a reality.

Thank you to the CWNP organization for allowing me to post this here (and if it's not appropriate or violates something, please let me know and I will take this topic down), and thank you to all those who take the time to read this information. Your feedback and support are really appreciated.

If anyone would like to reach out to me directly, my contact information is listed below. Thank you again.

Ryan Hadley

Signal Forest
    o: 214-234-9681
    ryan.hadley@signalforest.com

• Couldn't see your bitlion video, but that might be a problem with my companies firewall.

It has always been a problem, and it's only in the last two years where we were allowed to view a Youtube video.

Personally, I don't use tools like this at the moment, but it does sound interesting.

Best of luck.

• Thanks, Howard. Is there a way to post images here? If not, I've created and uploaded a collage to my website to view. Let me know if you can see this.

http://www.signalforest.com/programs/iWi%20collage.jpg

Thank you,

Ryan

• Are there any other links explaining your products ?

• Howard,

We're currently in the process of completing a PR / Media Kit package that I will share once it's finished. We should have plenty of new information to review on both puddleJump and iWi in about 2 weeks.

If you'd like the conceptual pictures that I have now, please email me at ryan.hadley@signalforest.com and I'll share what I have with you.

Let me know if need anything else, and thank you. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn here.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-hadley-bbb16b28

Thank you,

Ryan Hadley

Page 1 of 1