• Hi,

I am trying to simulate the 1562D AP pattern on airmgnet survey tool, in the planner you can put the antenna property to get the desired antenna pattern, but I cant find any documentation having these properties.

Antenna manager:

or .ant & .bmp antenna files, to but in this directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\AirMagnet Inc\AirMagnet Surveyor\Antenna). if its work.

• Not familiar with it personally,  But I found this on a Cisco support page:

It comes with directional antenna:

AIR-ANT2413P2M-N=        13 dBi (2.4 GHz),        Directional, dual polarized 
    AIR-ANT5114P2M-N=        14 dBi (5GHz),            Directional, dual polarized

check the pattern of these two antenna on this link:

• We need your Support please.

• By Howard - edited: February 8

I'm not associated with any of these companies, and although I sometimes get the opportunity to do outside work, I prefer to have only one employer.

But to get back to your question, have you read the planner(s) support materials or taken any classes on their use ? 

Are you using antennas with "down-tilt" ?

This is really a CWDP or CWAP question, rather than CWNA (where you put your question).  Have you looked in either of those texts for help ?

I can tell you that businesses with forklifts can have several unexpected problems due to forklift speeds, and sometimes the signal-proof "cans" their operators use to hold the Wi-Fi devices. 

Have you ever seen the videos of people "drifting" forklifts ?  It makes for great sport at night when supervisors are harder to find.

You mention RRM,   I suggest you look at some of Devin Akins articles or webinars on the subject !   By setting just a couple limits, you can control somewhat the "insanity" of RRM.

See also this CWNP post:

Unfortunately it appears that Devins presentation has been deleted.   Couldn't find it at all.

Maybe it was too Politically Incorrect for the Cisco-centric world.

• Hi...i am a new user here. I want to know are you using antennas with down-tilt ?Have you looked CWDP texts for help ?Have you ever seen the videos of people drifting forklifts ?  It makes for great sport at night when supervisors are harder to find.

• Search Google for "drifting forklifts".

Here is only one example - although I am personally more concerned with max speeds across the factory floor, as opposed to staying in one spot for the sake of the camera.    BTW some forklifts have a sideways-crawl feature that looks a lot like drifting, but that is not what I was referring to.:

Roaming times are usually based on walking speeds.   Add in a (relatively) high speed forklift, and your standard roaming parameters will probably not work so well.   Don't be surprised by lost connections.  Some client devices roaming parms can be changed - talk to the manufacturer, or their commercial distributor.  Normal retail shops usually won't have a clue - They're not stupid, just uneducated as far as the devices real abilities..

There are both mechanical and electronic methods of engineering-in down tilt.   See the following page for examples of both.

It's amazing what can be done on even an originally simple omni-directional dipole antenna.

I have always been impressed with Tessco, their products, and their service.

My older copy of the CWDP-250 manual has several pages covering where to use down-tilt.   Mostly for warehouse, industrial building designs and outside in ports - any place with high mounted antennas.

I would assume the new version (302), also has something.

Best bet, talk to Tessco.

Page 1 of 1