Forum

• Hi all,

Below is the question and the answer according to CWSP practise test (A). The correct answer should be A, not C. Can you please fix this.

Thanks,

John Battam

You must implement support for BYOD. In the process, it has been determined that all BYOD devices must be registered with the network, but they will not be pre-registered. All BYOD users will do their work with Internet and printer access only.

Which one of the following solutions will meet this requirement?

You must select 1 answer
    A. Onboarding
    B. Containerization
    C. Segmentation
    D. Captive portal

Correct Answer is:C
    While all of these concepts are related to BYOD, onboarding allows for device registration. The captive portal may be used after registration as well, but it is not a full onboarding solution needed for modern BYOD by itself. Containerization is the process used to secure data on the mobile device by encrypting a storage area for enterprise applications and data. Segmentation is used on the network to separate BYOD users from other network users.

• There is nothing wrong with the question. Read the full explanation and you will understand why segmentation is needed instead of on boarding. In the question itself it states that devices will not be pre-registered. So, this could be narrowed down to captive portal or segmentation based on the first two sentences. The last sentence eliminates captive portal, you would use a separate network or vlan for BYOD users.

• I disagree. Segmenting devices would not requiring them to register in anyway. I could setup a 'guest' network on it's own VLAN etc. The users can connect and off they go. Hence they are segmented. There's zero need to register the device with the network using segmentation.

The requirement is that the device must be registered. The only way to register a device and not have it preregistered is to onboard it. They way i read this is that they clearly don't want the devices pre-registered (a task that would usually be done by IT admin staff causing significant administrative overhead) therefore pre-registration is to be avoided.

The only method would be to use an onboarding solution, so that the device is registered when connecting to the network for the first time. I wouldn't call this pre-registration.

• I happen to agree with you John.  The fact that one of the requirements is that devices are registered (not via pre-registration) suggests you need a method of doing just that, and on-boarding is the technique most of us would associate with registering a device.

Either the question requires re-wording, or the answer needs changing.

I was a little surprised when i got this one wrong.

Colin

• By GLoria563 - edited: March 16, 2020

CWSP practice test is so crucial for everyone who needs to retain their business security as it is an excellent opportunity to get this certification that is principally designed for wireless systems and will help to reveal and counter-attacks before they occur. As for me, this test is one of the stages of writing my dissertation. I used this website https://dissertationhelp.org.uk/dissertation-topics/ to find the perfect topic for my thesis. I am more than happy with the result and recommend all of you to check it.

• Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.

http://pogogamesplay.com/

Page 1 of 1