Forum

• I am preparing to go do a survey at a facility with several long corridors of thick reinforced concrete and metal. Each corridor only ranges from 90' to 150' end-to-end.

I expect that multipath will be an issue, but wondering if it would make more sense to:

Install an AP in the middle of the corridor with the internal AP omni antennas that have built in antenna diversity

or

Go to a directional antenna at one end with low power to it to try and reduce reflections

Thoughts, comments, experience on a similar scenario?

Thanks

• This is an understandable question; often the customer is trying to establish ... The starting point when considering design trade-off factors.

• This is an understandable question; often the customer is trying to establish ... The starting point when considering design trade-off factors.

• Way too late to answer this question, and I'm sure you had your solution years ago.   If you ares still around, it would be good to share your solution.

I can tell you that the long hallways and thick walls will probably HELP, rather than hurt the situation, even if the AP's were at only one end of the hallway which will tend to direct the RF..

A diversity, or today a  MIMO AP right in the center would probably work fine. 

An alternative would be a AP at each end of the hallway, pointing towards the center using directional (patch ) antennas.   On different channels of course.

Surprised I missed your original post - it probably got buried within an onslaught of spam.

Page 1 of 1