Forum

• By Lovemax90 - edited: January 15, 2022

Hi all,

Having a problem confusing me. The frames transmitted from other clients are treated as noise or not for other clients on the same channel?

If not, does it mean on a crowded and busy channel the client can get good SNR when it is quite close to AP if no non-wifi interference but the channel utilization is bad.  

• By Howard - edited: September 21, 2021

Multiple AP's on the same channel would be considered as CCI, or Co-Channel Interference.    However, up to some level, I would not consider it to be noise.   Personally, I would consider BlueTooth signals to be noise if we are talking about Wi-Fi being the primary communication method.. 

The SNR or Signal To Noise Ratio could still be quite high, even if the channel is very busy - especially if the two devices are close together.

I've seen Wi-fi working just fine if Utilization was as high as 85%.   It really breaks down into the applications running.  For example are you trying to stream a video, have a phone conversation, or merely searching the web.

• Make sense, thx for your reply, bro.

• By Howard - edited: October 19, 2021

Speaking of 85 %:

In my many years of computer experience, I have seen just about everything fail when utilization gets as high as 85%.

It doesn't matter if we are talking about disk or memory utilization. channel throughput, or scheduling algorithms.

Once you get near  85%, even the best designed schemes seem to fail.

Page 1 of 1