Forum

• Hi,
    i am studing to write the cwna for the first time middle of next yr.

my problem is that, would the cwna self study guide 3rd edition still valid and meet the exams.

i dont think i need to buy the 4th edition

than you

• The reality is that the CWNA version 1 study guide is still valid for 2008 with the exception of possible errors in the printed book. Any material you can use to prepare for the exam is valid. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, while the CWNA fourth edition study covers all of the exam objectives as of the date of publication, this is still not a promise that you will pass the test if you read the book.

The book does not cover the questions; it covers the objectives. The questions may be written in such a way that you have to resolve the answer from the knowledge provided in the book rather than memorizing the information that is in the book. This is the point.

There are many people - I am one of them - that have the kind of memory that will allow them to read a book and know the answers if they were written in the book. This doesn't prove the understand the concepts only that they know the facts. Devin's marvelous tests verify that you understand the facts and have not just memorized them.

Now, with all that said, you might think I am counter-marketing myself. I do feel that the fourth edition is the best single book to use for your preparation, but I encourage you to use it with other books - like the Sybex study guide as an example. Reading different perspectives helps you drive the concepts deeper into your knowledge base. I know that I used the 802.11 Wireless Networks The Definitive Guide, the actual standards, and a few other books when I first prepared for the CWNA.

Just a few thoughts from the author...

Page 1 of 1