The Certified 5G LAN Specialist (C5S) course and certification exam are provided as a service to the CWNP community. However, the certification and learning materials are developed and maintained by Celona. While this course and certification are hosted by CWNP, CWNP did not develop the course or certification and support is provided by Celona.
5G LAN refers to the deployment of cellular wireless connectivity in private organizations, tightly integrated within the existing enterprise IT infrastructure and utilizing private cellular spectrum.
The C5S course provides learners with a vendor-neutral introduction to 5G LANs. This course starts with ensuring the attendee has a solid understanding of the fundamental concepts for private spectrum options, cellular wireless technology benefits, and key application drivers. The C5S course then builds towards providing the attendee with a comprehensive understanding of the functions and capabilities of a 5G LAN.
The C5S course is suitable for decision-makers and technical advisers from both the IT and telecom industries. This course is also ideal for application integrators that leverage 5G LANs and other technologies to deliver a business solution.
This course helps attendees prepare for the Certified 5G LAN Specialist online exam and certification. The Certified 5G LAN Specialist (C5S) is a foundational certification that validates an individual's knowledge and skill in advising organizations on 5G LAN deployments. The C5S certification is valid for three years.
- List the business needs that 5G LANs satisfy, distinct from other wireless solutions
- Discuss the technical benefits and considerations of deploying 5G LANs
- Understand the terminology and concepts used in 5G LANs
- Describe the key functions and capabilities of a 5G LAN
- Identify the major functional components of a 5G LAN
- Understand shared spectrum and regulatory requirements in various countries
- Recommend on end user device selection given business and technical use cases