I'm Thankful for the 802.11 ProtocolBy CWNP On 11/20/2012 - 7 Comments
Today, I was thinking about the 802.11 protocol (no surprise there) and how it relates to Thanksgiving. I realized that Thanksgiving is a time when many of us who celebrate it reflect on the year behind us and appreciate the good things and maybe even some of the bad things that turned out better than we expected. So I began to think about all the good things we have because of the 802.11 protocol.
Here's my brief list and a shout out of thank you to those, like @MatthewSGast who work so hard to make the 802.11 standard good for us:
- Thank you for giving us mobile devices that work even when cell towers fail us.
- Thank you for giving us the ability to work from a laptop without a cable running to the wall.
- Thank you for giving us voice and video quality connections so that we can talk to our loved ones this Thanksgiving.
- Thank you for giving us mobile games that entertain us, but also educate us.
- Thank you for giving us a consistent standard to ensure that devices work well together - and thanks to you too Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Thank you for giving us freedom (can you hear Mel Gibson?).
What are you thankful for in relation to the 802.11 standard?
Frames Are Food, Tom Tagged with: 802.11, protocol, thanksgiving