Forum

• In my opinion, the CWNP certifications are very good to have. This is because they teach theory, not just vendor specifics which anyone could memorise.

Here in Australia, very few people know of these exams, and therefore don't appreciate just what they are about. Having been an electronics teacher in the past, I have convinced my technical colleagues that this study material is actually decent. They were surprised for instance that the CWDP talks about wavelength in cables, and constellations, etc. They then say "oh, it's a REAL exam?"

For me, the CWAP was the most fun, because it gets down to the nitty gritty of 802.11. Love it!

The CWSP is enjoyed by most people I think, because it has that interesting aspect about it.

All in all, I feel I should try to make these certs more recognised, especially to other employers. I'm not impressed when employers demand someone has a CCNA, when the role is for wireless engineering.

My analogy is this. A vendor cert is like a particular model of car, but a CWNP cert is like all cars. That is, "yes, that person might be able to drive a Ford, but the CWNP can drive a car." (meaning the CWNP could drive any car, given a quick look at where the controls are in that model)

• I agree. A lot of people do not take the CWNP certs at full merit because of ignorance. Until they actually read one of the study guides or take one of the exams, they will never know haha.

I like your analogy :-)!

Page 3 of 3