- Troubleshoot issues by reviewing reported problems and working with other team members or the customer to resolve them.
- Communicate incident status to customers.
- Understand relevant WLAN technology choices; recommend viable design options in a clear and concise manner.
- Coordinate with various technology partners, including LAN support teams, cabling contractors and hardware suppliers to isolate and resolve issues
- Maintain accurate records of ongoing and past incidents.
- Maintain updated knowledge of RF networking and data collection industries by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Assist project team members with deployments at client sites.
Technical skills required:
- 3-5 years of enterprise level network experience in a Cisco environment, especially Cisco routers, switches and Access Point hardware.
- CCNA and/or CWNP certifications a plus
- Strong understanding of the capabilities of common network infrastructure
- Ability to do network troubleshooting and to identify and collect information necessary to resolve a reported issue.
Soft skills required:
- Ability to take complex technical problems and organize them into actionable tasks
- Experience working out of a queue to track support issues through to completion Logical reasoning and troubleshooting skills
Other capabilities should include:
- Sound personal transportation
- Possible travel – 0 to 5%
- Ability to work occasional weekends /off-hours to resolve issues
Page 1 of 1