Support Lead I
Primary responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot issues by reviewing reported problems and working with other team members or the customer to resolve them.
- Proactively identify WLAN/network-related issues and recommend solutions to prevent future outages and provide resiliency.
- Communicate incident status to customers.
- Understand relevant WLAN technology choices; recommend viable design options in a clear and concise manner.
- Coordinate with various technology partners, including LAN support teams, cabling contractors and hardware suppliers to isolate and resolve issues
- Maintain accurate records of ongoing and past incidents.
- Maintain updated knowledge of RF networking and data collection industries by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
- Assist project team members with deployments at client sites.
- Create internal standards documentation and train team members.
Technical skills required:
- Graduated technical and consultative job responsibilities
- CCNP and WLAN certifications a plus
- 5-7 years of enterprise level network experience in a Cisco environment, especially Cisco routers, switches and Access Point hardware.
- Strong understanding of the capabilities of common network infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of configuration and show and debug associated with common Cisco equipment,
- Ability to do network troubleshooting and to identify and collect information necessary to resolve a reported issue.
- Understanding of Windows CE, Windows Mobile, Apple IOS
- Understanding of MDM systems including Wavelink Avalanche, Soti MobiControl and AirWatch
- Understanding of client/server systems
- Programming/scripting in current languages/ platforms a plus
Soft skills required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take complex technical problems and organize them into actionable tasks
- Ability to think and take correction action with limited direction
- Experience working out of a queue to track support issues through to completion
- Adaptable to new environments and assignments
- Logical reasoning and troubleshooting skills
Other capabilities should include:
- Sound personal transportation
- Possible travel – 0 to 5%
- Ability to work occasional weekends /off-hours to accomplish support goals
Page 1 of 1