Forum

• By (Deleted User)

So I just thought of some more questions...

Regarding authentication to the school network, guest access, etc...

I've not used RADIUS servers before, so I'm not sure how I'll get this going. Basically we use Novell and Novell Client on Windows PCs. Network authentication happens at the client to allow access to network resources.

Although, I still need to have some other checks and balances when, if you're familliar with the Novell client, users check the workstation only box, and can still login to their local PC, and get a DHCP address from my layer2 DCHP server running on my main switches. I guess some might say that the first thing I should do is get DHCP off my switch, and I'm considering it for sure...

So would I need to install a RADIUS server along with my eDirectory authentication? Would I also have to have a EWG for those clicking the workstation only check box, or would the controller take care of those requests?

And what about guest access or open access that I want to provide for students, parents, community members, etc... during registration or sporting events, etc...? Do I put in an EWG for this or, again, will the controller allow for these connections to only have Internet access and then limit the bandwidth available to those only Internet connections?

Page 1 of 1