Forum

• By (Deleted User)

It is an interesting article but is says the first draft is not due for 2 years.

Thanks for catching that. Not to doubt that standards are being side-stepped but...from many releases of products I've seen on the market with various vendors, DRAFTS are always instituted prior the stated release, in products subliminally called pilots and betas to the public. Some don't even tell you about the standard, they just market it with a word or feature that makes it.... more appealing.

Not that it is a bad thing, it is just some vendors jump the gun and do things that....make you say HUMMMM! :)

Have you determined that the WIPS is sending the deauthentication frame and the client is ignoring it? From your earlier post I was under the impression that the WIPS was not attempting to send the deauthenticate frame.

The WIPS is sending the deauth frame.... it DOES knocks clients off on an unencryted link.

The client is ignoring the DEAUTH on an encrypted link.

We tried several machines, same thing...NO JOY!

This makes me think the management frames are hidden or being circumvented, hence 802.11w in action? Need a packet analyzer....

Page 1 of 1