Forum

• By (Deleted User)

Just because the posting lists a lot of stuff you don't have, don't let that stop you from applying. You never can tell exactly what Cisco managers are looking for and a lot of that stuff is put in the job description automatically. They may be looking for a wireless systems engineer (SE) and the systems puts all that other stuff in there (routers, security, etc.) automatically. The truth is that they are likely looking for a wireless SE first and if you have any of the other stuff it is a bonus. Also, if you go in to interview as a wireless SE and you are asked questions about all the other stuff, be honest. If you don't know it, tell the interviewer and then tell them you thought the interview was for a wireless SE position.

Yes, you'll eventually have to learn other stuff anyway (it is Cisco) because everything eventually gets merged into IOS somehow.

If you've applied for a Cisco wireless position, or plan to, I'd be happy to discuss this with you further. Either send me a private email or give me a call.

Joel

Page 1 of 1